RESPONSIBILITIES - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the regulatory and accreditation agencies.
- Participate in the Safety and Capital committees.
- Monitor production, workflow, and time schedule. Make changes as needed to improve efficiency and quality of work performed by trade personnel and outside contractors.
- Ensure completion of corrective work orders within allotted time frames as agreed upon with the Client.
- Manage day to day operations while maintaining the facility in a clean and safe environment that prioritizes patient safety.
- Manages and drives patient satisfaction through usage of guest interviews, room inspections and other quality assurance tools.
- Complete 18% of the annually required mechanical and equipment space inspections (2 inspections per space per year) on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that the average completion rate for a routine work order is less than three days.
- Assist in the development of capital and operating expense budget.
- Provide technical assistance to trades personnel.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings that incorporate the use of safety and technical training sessions, presenting material in a manner that fosters understanding and willingness to learn by the participants.
- Maintain projects within the approved budget and established time frame.
- Analyze trends and data to ensure operationally sound systems and equipment.
- Update and write policies and procedures clearly and concisely in a timely manner, evidenced by few questions or misunderstandings regarding new policies and procedures.
- Attend facility-sponsored training in Blood Borne Pathogens, Fire Safety, Right-To-Know, and Chemical Hygiene.
- Interpret blueprint drawings and sketches.
- Design and implement renovations and plant upgrades.
- Responsible for planning, directing, delegating and implementing established department procedures and programs that meet goals and ensure a clean and safe environment.
- Creates, distributes and maintains all necessary reports and documentation for the department.
- Recruits and develops personnel.
- Orders all supplies/equipment through approved vendors.
- Oversees all department related contracts with outside vendors.
- Ensures that all ABM Healthcare Support Systems and programs are in place in accordance with Regional Director of Operations.
- Champions all departmental TQM/ Customer Service Initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES - NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Completes annual age-specific competencies.
- Remains compliant with mandatory Hospital Education.
- Fulfills TB, Immunization, and Employee Health Requirements.
- Remains compliant with department specific education and skill sets.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, JOB KNOWLEDGE,
- Bachelor's Degree. In lieu of Bachelor's Degree, High School Diploma/GED with 5+ years of relevant management experience is acceptable.
- Three to Five years of experience managing a Environmental Services/housekeeping department.
- Three to Five years of experience in the management of Environmental Services preferred.
- Industry specific certification/licensure may be required.
- Skill to use a personal computer with a Windows environment.
- Knowledge of word Processing, Spreadsheets, and other assorted business software.
- Reports directly to facility designated administrator and ABM Healthcare Support Services Regional Director of Operations.
- Reporting requirements include but will not be limited to weekly reports, bi-weekly reports, monthly reports and annual reports. Facility administration and/or Regional Director of Operations may change the frequency of reports at any time.
- Works in a health care environment.
- This position requires walking, sitting, standing, operation of a computer keyboard.
- Must also have the ability to operate basic housekeeping equipment in a teaching environment.
- May be required to travel via automobile to meetings and hospital related functions.
- Daily exposure to various healthcare related illnesses normally associated with a hospital environment.
- This position requires the use of solid communication as well as a running understanding of telephones and pagers throughout the day.
ABM is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)