The Role -
Amphenol Aerospace Operations is seeking a Signal Integrity Engineer to work out of its state-of-the-art facility in Sidney, NY, Nashua, NH, Mesa, AZ, or a combination of remote and onsite.
The key responsibilities of the Signal Integrity Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Perform signal integrity analysis with CST Microwave Studio Software for new and existing interconnect designs
- Perform/direct signal integrity verification testing to validate the analysis
- Keep up to date on emerging software and hardware for signal integrity analysis and testing
- Write detailed reports and papers regarding signal integrity analysis and verification testing of interconnect products
- Work from either verbal or written instructions with minimum supervision
- Respond to laboratory requests to assist in solving manufacturing/design problems
- Provide electrical design support for ongoing engineering projects
- Respond to marketing requests to provide signal integrity analysis and requests to review data such as customer specifications (S-Sheets)
- Interfaces with customers and vendors to assure conformance to customer specifications
- Perform the functions required to process estimate requests and marketing product requests
- Review customer documents for compliance with AAO documents and if necessary, prepare new designs to conform to these documents
- Keep supervision informed of status of all activities on a periodic basis
- Works closely with the BDM and Product Managers of various business units
- Sidney, NY
- 30 Minute Drive from Binghamton, NY
- 20 Minute Drive from Oneonta, NY
- Nashua, NH
- Mesa, AZ
- Or a combination of remote and onsite work
The Person -
The key skills and qualities of a Signal Integrity Engineer at Amphenol Aerospace Operations:
- BSEE required; MSEE or greater preferred with an emphasis on RF or Signal Integrity and Electromagnetic Theory (a combination of education and relevant experience may be acceptable)
- Experience with 3D EM modelling software such as CST Microwave Studio, Ansys HFSS or similar preferred
- 5 years' experience with signal integrity analysis and verification testing preferred
- Hands on capability to conduct high speed data rate validations testing, including the use of TFDR's, VNA's, CSAs, and other signal integrity test equipment
- An individual with a link to academia or the general signal integrity community portion of IEEE preferred, providing a network of SI support and growth in the marketplace
- The ability to design high speed test boards is a plus
- Strong technical writing skills preferred
- Experience with the embedded computing market is a plus, but not required
- Willing to travel - 10% or less
- Ability to work collaboratively with others on the design engineering team to accomplish required tasks to support the interests of the business
- Ability to maintain dedicated focus on intricate details of engineering designs
- Willingness to contribute extra effort in support of critical business opportunities
The Company -
With manufacturing sites in Sidney, NY, Mesa, AZ, Nogales, MX, and a Design Center in Pasadena, CA, Amphenol Aerospace Operations has been a leader in designing and manufacturing electrical components for the aviation and commercial airplane industry for over 95 years.
Focusing on serving the needs of advanced and challenging market segments, we pride ourselves on our consistent ability to innovate and provide the markets with new creative solutions.
Working at Amphenol means you are recognized and valued for your contributions because we believe that our human capital is the most valuable asset we have. We support and encourage career development for all employees and have ample opportunities for advancement.
We pride ourselves for being customer-centric, accountable, reliable, and enthusiastic in all that we do. These values are ingrained in each of us and contribute to a culture of teamwork and meaningful work.
Amphenol offers a competitive salary and benefits. The candidate must be able to legally work in the United States; we are unable to provide sponsorship. Position requires candidate to be a U.S. person as defined in ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a) (20).
Amphenol is a proud Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. We aim to create an inclusive working environment where all employees are respected and treated equally.
Amphenol - Making History, Designing the Future