Headquartered in Winchester, VA with over 30 locations across the country, American Woodmark is a leading cabinet manufacturer servicing the remodel and new construction markets. With over 10,000 employees, more than 15 brands and hundreds of cabinet styles, our commitment to quality and caring for our customers and employees never wavers.
The Automation Engineer is responsible for supporting technical projects, performing automation research & development concepts and acting as a technical resource in the development of manufacturing processes. This is a senior level position that offers a diverse range of experience in a manufacturing environment.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to excel at the essential functions assigned. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- 5+ years of automation engineering experience in manufacturing environments
- Experience in material flows, continuous improvement practices; and process analysis preferred
- Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma training is a plus
- Microsoft products experience preferred - Outlook-Word-Excel-Extensive MS Project software experience.
- Auto-Cad proficient
- Equipment design and support
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment
- Knowledge of electrical and robot safety standards
- Demonstrated PLC, HMI, robot and controls systems experience
- Industry 4.0, MES and ignition experience is a plus
- Strong Planning/Organization & Time Management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Flexibility in work responsibilities
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or similar technical degree); Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Contributes to the implementation of technical solutions
- Works with EOMs to design and build small and large automated solutions
- Seek and discover opportunities for process improvement through automation
- Contribute to Automation Community tasks and initiatives as committee member
- Supports requirements gathering efforts for automation projects
- Collaborate with corporate and plant based subject matter resources to provide and proof of concept process demonstrations via automation practices
- Develops and/or review and approves modular electrical and mechanical schematics for automation solutions
- Assists with development of electrical and mechanical equipment specifications and standards
- Participate in the identification and implementation of equipment builds
- Performs and participates in physical or virtual automated process simulations
- Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects
- Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping
- Perform other tasks as directed by Automation Group Manager
- Supervisory Responsibilities:
- This position will not have direct reports
SCOPE & EXPECATIONS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit, walk, talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Reports to: Automation Group Manager
- Travel Requirements:
- Travel of up to 50% may be required to other manufacturing locations.
- Recruitment process may consist of any combination of phone, video and in person interviews.
- Offers may be contingent upon successful completion of Background Check, Drug Screen and/or potential Motor Vehicle Check.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care Benefits
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Days
- Paid Sick Days
- 401(k) Match
- Tuition Assistance
- Relocation Assistance when available
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.