Arizona Bank & Trust is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"The Commercial Banker Team Lead performs all duties associated with the Commercial Banker position by originating new commercial relationships and the cross selling of existing clients as well as providing leadership to other Commercial Bankers. This position has responsibility for individual and team goals regarding growing deposits, loans and fee income in a profitable manner.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts the necessary leadership as follows:
- Selects, coaches, and mentors Commercial Bankers that have a comprehensive set of skills to include sales, credit and knowledge of all other business lines so that they maximize prospect and client relationships, build effective relationships with centers of influence, and cross sell bank products and services.
- Holds Commercial Bankers accountable for new business development, cross selling, and growing loans, deposits, and fees for the bank.
- Provides sales leadership and management.
- Manages the sales pipeline process for new business generation.
- Holds regularly scheduled sales meetings that assist with the development of the Commercial Bankers and the accomplishment of their goals.
- Assists with the executing of the sales strategies for all lines of business to include making joint calls with Commercial Bankers.
- Insures that each Commercial Banker is monitoring their portfolio, identifies and communicates changes in credit risk to include recommended changes in risk ratings and to hold their customers accountable in regards to the terms and conditions of the loan.
- Participates in the business development activities of the bank:
- Identifies appropriate prospects within defined target markets, creates and manages an effective prospect list, and performs activities to insure growth in loan portfolios.
- Serves our prospects and customers through a consultative selling, trusted advisor role to assist them in recognizing and tackling business opportunities and risks, and helping them accomplish their goals while maximizing our effectiveness.
- Promotes and cross-sells all bank products and services as appropriate.
- Prepares for, attends and participates in sales development meetings.
- Prepares for and conducts prospect and customer meetings utilizing tools such as First Research, eMentor, and PROFITMAX.
- Seeks out expertise within the company (i.e., governmental guaranty, cash management, specific industry knowledge) to assist in the development of customer relationships.
- Concludes the sales process by gathering and evaluating financial statements and related data from the prospect or customer, determining potential credit worthiness, and establishing and negotiating proposed credit terms.
- Reviews and directs new credit requests for existing clients and prospects to ensure adequate business discussions occur and to pursue creditworthy opportunities.
- Participates in the underwriting and documentation of the credit.
- Participates in the management of a loan portfolio.
- Continuously monitors customer performance and maintains timely reporting.
- Insures the Lender Annual Reviews and collateral monitoring is completed on a timely basis.
- Directly supervises the Commercial Banker (ex. certain department, etc.).
- Works with Heartland Financial's recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
- Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
- Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
- Works with department staff on individual professional development.
- Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, including specific courses in Accounting, Finance, and Economics
- 5-7 years of related banking experience preferably with lending related experience in Commercial Banking.
- 3-5 years related banking/analysis experience.
- Sales leadership experience
Must complete RMA training curriculum and achieve the CRC Certification within 36 months of employment or have equivalent knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PROFITMAX.
- Ability to develop sales and negotiation skills to be effective in business development. Can interact with and develop centers of influence and other referral sources.
- Ability to meet individual goals and contribute in a team oriented environment to ensure departmental and Bank wide goals are met. Sets and achieves challenging goals. Contributes to a positive team spirit.
- Ability to delegate effectively. Matches the responsibility to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities. Provides recognition for results.
- Acts as a resource or mentor for others, including commercial bankers
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Demonstrated sales and business development skills
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Tim Type:Full time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.